Sponsoring Quebec Spouse, Partner or Dependent Child
Who can be a sponsor?
You must fulfill the following criteria to be a sponsor of Quebec spouse sponsorship program.
- You need to be either a Canadian citizen, someone who is registered in Canada or a permanent citizen.
- Your age must be minimum of 18 years
- You must be residing in Canada
- If your spouse or your partner has an accompanying grandchild with them, you need to show your financial documents for last one year.
- You need to prove that your spouse or parent’s child will get all the basic needs fulfilled from you.
Whom can you sponsor?
You can sponsor your close relatives belonging to family class after they fulfill certain requirements. Under Quebec spouse sponsorship program you can sponsor your relatives like:
- Your spouse, your common-law partner or conjugal partner
- If you can meet the specific requirement of Quebec spouse sponsorship program, you can sponsor your dependent child.
- You can sponsor your parents, grand-parents if you can meet the requirement of sponsoring them
- If you have any orphaned relatives like brother or sister, nephew or niece, grand-son or grand-daughter, who are still less than 18 years of age and not married or are in any common-law relationship you can apply them under Quebec spouse sponsorship program. However, you need to meet the requirements.
- If you are planning to adopt any child under international adoption law, you are eligible to sponsor this child as well.
Conditions to sponsor
The Quebec spouse sponsorship is for the person who is married and more than 16 years of age and
- Was not spouse of anyone else at the time of the marriage
- Is not a de facto spouse while living apart from their spouse in the last one year
Quebec de facto spouse sponsorship
This program is for a person who is minimum 16 years of age of the same or opposite sex who has:
- Been in martial relation for at-lease a year with the sponsor or the principal applicant who has been sponsored
- Has been in the martial relation with sponsor for at-least one year with the sponsor but does not live with the sponsor due to persecution or penal control
Quebec dependent child sponsorship
The biological children of either parent, and have not been adopted by anyone else except the spouse or de facto spouse of one of his/her parents or the adopted child of either parent.
Below mentioned conditions are applied to this child
- The child is not married (he/she is single, widowed or divorced) nor a de facto spouse, and is less than 19 years, or
- The child is above 19 years but mostly dependent on the financials support from either of the parents,
- Even after the age of 19 has not been able to support him/her because of physical or mental disability.
Other Important information
- You can sponsor close relatives under Quebec spouse sponsorship program if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Quebec. You must be 18 years or above. The Quebec spouse sponsorship program targets close relatives and the accompanying family members if applicable.
- You need to prove your intent of living in Canada if you are someone living outside Canada. This is necessary condition after your spouse gets the permanent resident.
- You will be charged with $779 CAD for principal applicant, $167CAD for spouse and de facto spouse and you will be asked to pay $167CAD for each child.