Quebec Family Class. What is it
- Candidates those who want to migrate to Quebec under Quebec family sponsorship program must have a near relative to sponsor them. The sponsor should be either a citizen of Canada or permanent resident of Canada who resides in Quebec
- To be a sponsor you have to apply, before the application for selection certificate of Quebec family sponsorship visa for any relative, who wish to migrate to Quebec.
- There are certain requirements which must be met for, you as a sponsor and your relative who wants to migrate to Quebec. One such requirement is federal sponsorship under which, sponsorship application must be submitted by the sponsor, to the government of Canada at, case processing center.
- Once found eligible to be a sponsor, you need to submit an application of undertaking. It will include an application to the Government of Quebec by the person who is being sponsored for Quebec selection certificate of spouse.
- There are two different processes under which you can sponsor your family under Quebec family sponsorship. In one process you can sponsor your spouse, common law partner or dependent children under Quebec family sponsorship.
- A different process is used if you want to sponsor other eligible relatives other than your spouse, common law partner or dependent children.
- There are two different processes used to
- Sponsor spouse, dependent child or common law partner
- Sponsor other eligible relatives
Eligibility Criteria to sponsor a spouse, common law partner or dependent children under Quebec family sponsorship:
- Your spouse, common law partner or dependent children are eligible to migrate to Canada as permanent resident if you satisfy some conditions of being a sponsor. Dependent children also include those children whom you had adopted before your settlement in Quebec
- One condition is you must be a citizen of Canada or permanent resident of Canada residing in Quebec. You are eligible then to sponsor your spouse partner or dependent children under Quebec family sponsorship program.
- If your spouse, conjugal partner or dependent children are residing with you in Quebec, you can apply for their sponsorship under Quebec family sponsorship program even if they are not legally given any status yet.
Requirements to be a sponsor under Quebec family sponsorship program
- Your age should be 18 years or older for you to be a sponsor.
- You and your sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement, which states that, you will provide them financial support whenever required or whenever they ask for it. Under Quebec family sponsorship program, the agreement also states that the sponsored relative, once becoming a permanent resident, will make every effort to gain financial independence.
- From the date, your spouse, conjugal partner or dependent children become a permanent resident, till three years, you have to provide them financial assistance.
- Once the dependent child becomes permanent resident, he or she is provided financial support by the sponsor, for 10 years or until the child has reached the age of twenty five, whichever comes first, under Quebec family sponsorship program.
You will not be considered eligible to become a sponsor under Quebec family sponsorship program if:
- You have failed to provide financial assistance to another relative in the past with whom you had signed sponsorship agreement.
- Court has ordered you support order, like alimony or Child support and you have defaulted.
- You are not disabled yet you have received government aid.
- You are found guilty of any kind of offence whether it is violent criminal offence or sexual offence or any other offence against a relative. It depends upon the nature of offence, when did it happen, how long ago it happened and whether the person was pardoned or not.
- You have taken an immigration loan and missed the payment or deposited late payment, thus considered a defaulter
- You are a prisoner
- You are declared bankrupt and have not been released from it yet.
- Your relatives sponsored by you in the past have now approached government for financial aid.
Other important information for Quebec family sponsorship program
- You can sponsor your spouse or conjugal partner if they are 16 years of age under spouse sponsorship program.
- The processing time of cubic sponsorship Quebec spouse sponsorship and csq Quebec family sponsorship is on an average about 3 months.
Note: There are other factors also which may make you ineligible to sponsor your relatives which are not included in this list.