Diploma and PG Diploma in Canada
If one of the questions you have in mind is how to study and work in Canada, then you are at the right place. International students can get the best education and experience while pursuing Diploma courses in Canada.
For higher education, Canada bags a place in the top five among the world. With a wide range of courses to choose from, Canada provides students the best educational institutions to pursue both diplomas and degrees in professional and technical disciplines. What Canada is known for is its diploma programs. SPP Colleges provide not only the highest quality of education, but also good employment options along with internships and an affordable tuition fee. The reason one must go for SPP colleges is that they train students according to the dynamic global job market. Also, the administration is such that there is a partnership between the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) and the Canadian Visa offices in India. Developed by CIC or the Citizenship and Immigration Canada, SPP was launched in April 2009 in cooperation with the ACCC.
Typically, there are three types of Diplomas offered by Colleges in Canada. Diploma has a duration of 2 years, Advanced Diploma of 3 years, and PG Diploma of 1-2 years. Students can choose from a wide variety of courses in the fields of Social Services, Film Studies, Fine Arts, Engineering, IT, Language, and many more. Some of these programs may also include internships in Canada enabling students to get a hands-on experience in their relevant field.
Benefits of Diploma Program:
- Provides thorough knowledge of the subject chosen, enabling the students to be job-ready with the required soft skills.
- Provides practical skills and knowledge.
- Students also get the option to apply for Bachelors with the University Transfer option.
- Selected Diploma programs in the field of IT, Engineering, and Business may also have Co-op or internships in their final semester. Co-op programs provide an excellent opportunity to students to apply their knowledge in the real world.
Benefits of PG Diploma Program
- Higher level of studies than a diploma program.
- Consists of several assignments and practical projects.
- Final semester consists of Co-ops or internships as a part of the curriculum.
- May become a pathway for Masters Degree.
- Gives the opportunity to pick a subject for specialization and to gain practical experience in the same.
Entry requirements for PG Diploma
- Minimum a C grade or 50% in the last completed diploma or degree.
- Proficiency in English language in accordance with the program.
- Work experience, if required by the program.
- Gap between the previous course must not exceed five years. The only exception being work experience and excellent grades in the last program.
Co-op Programs/ Internship
There are numerous benefits a student can get from Co-operative education and paid internships.
- Acquire paid work experience in the field of study.
- Network and create connections in the job market.
- Hands-on experience of the work environment enabling to develop professional skills.
- Get international work experience which helps in academic curriculum as well.