Australia Skilled Subclass 489 VisaThe Australia skilled subclass 489 visa is one of the provisional visas which are required by the candidate in order to work and stay so as to get the permanent residence membership of Australia. In case a person needs to get qualified for this visa, he or she must have a proper sponsor. This sponsor can either be a relative living in Australia or somebody from the state government or territory government unit. This visa is certainly designed for those people who possess skills and abilities that are in demand in certain regions or some states in Australia. With this visa, a person can stay and earn in Australia for a total time period of 4 years.
Eligibility for the 489 VisaIn order to get qualified for the 489 visa, you need to fulfill some of the mandatory terms and conditions. If anyone of them is not passed, you will not be eligible for this visa.
Have a look at these eligibility criteria below:
The applicant must have experience in any one of the occupations that are listed in the occupation list mandated by Australia.
- Must have sponsorship by the state or the territory.
- The age of the applicant must be below 50 years.
- The applicant must have proficient knowledge of English and must have passed the IELTS exam.
- Based on some of the components like qualification, experience, and some other elements, the candidate must be able to get a minimum score of 60 points.
- The candidate must have received some positive feedback from the authorities that are assessing the skills of the person.
- The candidate must be able to fulfill the experience requirements as mentioned by the state or territory.
- The candidate must be able to fulfill all the requirements related to health and the character.
- The candidate must submit the expression of interest commonly known as EOI.
Cost of the 489 VisaIn case you are applying for the 489 visa, here are the details related to the cost requirements of it.
- The fee for the primary applicant who is being sponsored regionally is 3600$.
- For the dependent applicant who is below 18 years of age, the fee is 900$.
- For the dependent applicant who is 18 or above in age, the fee is 1800$
Benefits of The 489 VisaThe subclass 489 visa is having many benefits associated with it which helps the person to smoothly work in the state or territory of Australia.
- The person can live in Australia and work over there for a maximum of 4 years.
- If all the required conditions are met, the person can apply for the permanent residency of Australia.
- Till the time visa is valid, the visa holder can come in and go out from the country whenever they want to go.
- The person can bring all the eligible members of the family to the country.
- The applicants can study in whichever part of the country they want to.
Sponsorship for the Application by RelativeThe relative or the family members are eligible to sponsor an applicant only when they are fulfilling following criteria:
- They must be at least 18 years of age.
- They must be either permanent citizen of Australia or stay in Australia for last few years. In case the person is having eligibility as a New Zealand citizen then also he or she can sponsor for the applicant.
- Brothers and sisters or adoptive sisters or brothers
- Step-brothers and step-sisters
- First cousin
- Niece and nephew
- Step-niece and step-nephew